Art jamming is a new way of creative expression that combines digital and analogy tools. It’s not just for professionals; anyone can take part in this type of jamming that brings out the artist in everyone. I’ll explore what you need to know about art jamming, including some resources on where to find it in Singapore.
What Is Art Jamming?
Artists have been using digital tools like Photoshop for decades now, but there’s still something special about working with physical materials such as paintbrushes or clay. That’s why combining both makes sense: making use of both digital and analog tools encourages people to come together and create something new – not just for professionals! Anyone can take part in this type of jamming that brings out the artist in everyone.
HAVE A LOOK AT THIS – Tips and Benefits of Craft Toys for Your Kids?
Here are 7 Things You Didn’t Know:
1. Art Jamming is a new form of creative expression that makes use of both digital and analog tools, encouraging people to come together to make something new.
2. You don’t have to be a professional artist or have any skills in art to take part in the jamming! It’s great for getting people together and showcasing their creativity.
3. Its idea was born out of a need for spaces where people could meet up and express themselves using their own creativity without being judged or criticized by others, particularly in Singapore where there are many people from diverse backgrounds with different skillsets and artistic expressions.
4. In order to participate in Art Jamming, all you need is a space full of people, creativity, and a will to make something new.
5. It encourages everyone – no matter what their artistic ability or background is – to find a way to voice themselves creatively by making things with whatever they have at their disposal, inspired by the surroundings and set up around them.
6. The purpose of having Art Jamming sessions is to build a stronger sense of community through art.
7. It does not have fixed rules or guidelines, other than the encouragement to make things together. The process should be fun and inclusive!
Planning an art jam can be tricky. Keep these points in mind:
- Choose a location that will suit your needs and the needs of the attendees
- Make sure that you or someone on your team is in charge of making it happen. A chairperson who will take responsibility for the success and safety of the event is important!
- Decide on a time and date, be clear about it, and make sure this is communicated to all participants.
- Find out if food will be served or offer food options like coffee, donuts, or snacks.
- Plan for childcare (if needed)
- Plan for audio/visual equipment and any other resources you might need.
- Find or create a jamming tool. You’ll need something to get started so it’s good to have some things planned in advance. For example, you can create a prompt list and ask attendees to write responses with pen and paper or on their phones/computers.
Top tips for taking part in a successful and enjoyable art jam session:
Look out for events announced on Facebook. Facebook is the best platform to find out about what’s happening because it’s easy to create private groups on this social media site.
Decide what you want to produce before committing yourself to the event. Different people will attend different jam sessions with different expectations – some might be looking for something logical or practical, while others might be looking to get into their creative side. Attendees of an event will often post their ideas of what they’re hoping for ahead of time, so if you’re not sure of your direction, try reading these up before the event!
Be prepared with materials like sketchbooks or writing utensils, as well as being prepared to share what materials you have brought.
Don’t be shy – just because the jammers are not professionals does not mean that your work doesn’t deserve attention. It’s important to realize that everyone benefits from this form of testing and sharing ideas, so let yourself go! Be inspired by the work that gets put out in front of you, and help others to be inspired too.
Art Jamming is a phenomenon that has been growing in popularity over the years. It’s not just for professionals, anyone can take part and it encourages people to come together to make something new – which makes it perfect for Singaporeans who are looking for an outlet of creativity! I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about what art jamming is all about and why this type of creative expression may be exactly what you’re looking for.