The trucking industry is one of the wide-ranging industries in the US. About 60% of the US population is dependent on trucking jobs for their living. This is because it provides the cheapest means of livelihood and it is the heart of the US economy. The enrolment is simple, a person only needs a high-school, GED, or equivalent degree to get themselves enrolled in trucking jobs. Many people prefer this as a part-time job because they get a chance to earn some extra money.
READ – Types of Freight Modes
Apart from this truckers also get a chance to explore the world from their end and meet targets by delivering the products to the customers. However, some truckers do not get the chance to go home weekly but the truckers who are associated with the dedicated trucking get the chance to go home weekly. That is the reason truckers prefer to go towards dedicated trucking. However, there are many trucking jobs out there that promote dedicated trucking and act as a good option for truckers.
Reasons why the trucking industry is one of the largest revenue-generating industries in the US :-
- It is accountable for the import and export of all goods. Since it is accountable for the import/export market. All of the revenue generated by this sector acts in the favour of the US economy.
- There are over 5 lakhs industries present in the US that promote trucking jobs. Since more than half of the US population is into driving job openings in Elizabeth City NC. People prefer this because while working in trucking jobs they can earn handsome money to Lead a successful life.
- Out of these 5 lakhs trucking industries, 80% of them are small businesses. Their main aim is to create job opportunities for a larger number of people.
- Truckers are in huge demand in the light of today’s scenario. In California, the demand for heavy truck drivers is growing with each passing day. Consequently, leading to a large number of employment opportunities for people.
- However, New York City has the most vibrant trucking hub in the world. Many of the trucking industries are in New York. Most of the population of New York City prefer trucking jobs either as their part-time or full-time job opportunity. Because by linking with this opportunity they get a chance to earn money at their own pace just by driving to different routes.
- Many old trucking companies are still operating in the US economy. Jones motor group, this company was established in the year 1984 is still operating in the US truck industry. It is one of the oldest trucking jobs industries in the US economy.
- Apart from this, the trucking industry also offers various trucking jobs which seem to be profitable in the light of today’s scenario. These are-
- Ice road trucking
- Hazmat hauling
- Tanker hauling
- Oversized load hauling
- Luxury car hauling
- Team driving
- Owner-operator jobs
- Private fleets
- The trucking industry is the largest industry in the US because of the best paying trucking companies that pay well to truckers. However, the best paying trucking companies are- Sysco, Walmart, Epes Transport, Acme Truck Line.
- According to the recent data, there are around 9,47,000 truckers employed in the US truck industry. Which is quite less than the current requirement. Since the trucking industry is growing with each passing day and there is a huge requirement for drivers. Consequently, creating a lot of employment opportunities for the US people. Marking has a huge impact on the economy.
To conclude, the trucking industry is the largest industry in the US because it helps in giving a large number of employment opportunities to people. Moreover, people also get a chance to work on a part-time or full-time basis according to their preferences. The trucking industry has its leg over a wide range of things like the transportation of large quantities of goods.
PLEASE READ – Used engines for sale in texas
Whether it’s the raw materials or the finished goods, the trucking industry is involved in every aspect. Apart from this, trucks are also used for loading and unloading construction materials. Hence, there is no such industry that does not require trucks for the transportation of goods. This is the only reason that the trucking industry is the heart of the US economy.