Hampta Pass has been one of the most famous and preferred treks amongst the trekkers, due to its beautiful location and the serene views that it offers. If you are looking for a place that provides you peace, natural beauty, and an experience that you will never forget, then don’t waste a second to plan for this trek.The place rests at an elevation of 14,000 feet in Himachal Pradesh. Covering over 25 km, the place takes around 5-6 days to complete. There are multiple amazing things to do on this trek. And this article all you need to know :
The place bears one of the most beautiful crossovers in the country. Bridging between two contrasting, yet beautiful valleys. The Kullu valley which is filled with greenery encompasses cascading waterfalls, charming meadows, Tall trees, colorful flowers, every miracle of mother nature, and on the other side is the Spiti Valley, where vegetation has no room, filled with rugged terrains it is an arid and deserted place, with brown mountains and blue skies. All along the climb, you get to see enthralling views of the scenery that keeps on changing with every next step.
READ ALSO – ladakh honeymoon experience
The bewitching range of trees that resides in the place, adds up to its beauty. All those people, who are nature lovers, would never want to miss out on the beauty of this place. The rustling sound of the leaves accompanies you all along. The dense forests of Oaks, Maples, Birch, Pine, and many more are so charming and heavenly that you would never want to leave the place. The moist atmosphere inside these forests seeps directly into the souls. And with this vegetation, comes the beautiful birds and animals that reside here. There are beautiful mountain flowers, wildflowers, lavenders, rhododendrons that make the trek colorful.
The place offers you stunning views of the Majestic Pir Panjal Range, The Dhauladhar range, surreal mountains of Lahaul and Spiti, Snow-covered peaks of the Deo-Tibba, the glaciers of Mt. Indrasen, all are eye-striking and hold such winsome and peaceful views, that leaves the trekkers awe-struck.
Another beautiful thing to do in Hampta pass is to camp here, the place all along the trek, offers multiple campsites, all surrounded by natural beauty, and makes the night equally beautiful to the daytime.
- The first campsite is at Jobra, which is at the edge of the forest, making it obvious to be around the charming flora.
- The next campsite is at Jwara, which is blessed by several gems of Nature. Firstly, surrounded by the panoramic views of mountains, at one hand is the Majestic Dhauladhar ranges and the other side is filled with the rocky mountains. And the cherry on the top is the charming and tranquil Rani Nala, which flows right across the campsite.
- The next campsite of Balu ka Gera is a plain track, covered with the white carpet of snow and green grass and the tiny colorful flowers around make it more surreal. Mt. Indrasen and Hanuman Tibba surround the place and sleeping around such beauty is a lifetime experience.
- Shea Goru is the next campsite and is equally beautiful as the other ones. The place beautifully rests around the barren desert of the Lahaul valley, and is the only patch of greenery there, making it more unique. Mt. Indrasen towers over the site and gives its glimpses from the clouds covering it. A tranquil stream flowing from a mountain makes the place serenely amazing.
- Last but not least is the Chatru campsite which is the last camping place if one is heading to Chandratal Lake as well, which one should definitely do. Mighty mountain range surrounds the place and the charming river of Chandra flows right in front, shining in the moonlight, it looks absolutely delightful.